PALERMO LES PAUL CONVERSION
- Guitar is completely disassembled.
- Finish completely stripped, re-sanded and prepped.
- Gibson uses a poly undercoat (unlike the early, sought after models). We remove this undercoat.
- Back of neck, body, and headstock is completely refinished in aged Nitrocellulose.
- Top is completely refinished with Nitrocellulose and aged.
- Bone nut replaces Gibson nut.
- Frets are leveled and dressed (if needed).
- Hardware is upgraded and aged without affecting its performance or quality.
- We use PAF Humbucking Pickups for both Neck and Bridge positions.
- MOD / Switchcraft wiring harness replaces lower quality existing wiring.
- Guitars are completely worked on and set up by Mike Palermo.
- THE INTEGRITY OF THE GUITAR IS NEVER COMPROMISED
Imagine grabbing a Gibson Les Paul that LOOKS and FEELS like you owned and played it for many years. Sound is wide open and full. This is the closest you will get to owning Jimmy Page’s actual Les Paul. Approx 0.5 lbs of finish is taken off (mostly underlying Polyester), and replaced with period correct nitrocellulose, removing any muddyness, etc. The neck is slightly reshaped to feel worked in more comfortable to play.
This process takes approximately a month or so to complete.
Regardless of how you feel about the relicing process (some love the look, some don’t), I believe you will agree this is how a Les Paul should FEEL, SOUND, & PLAY!